Wednesday, February 9, 2011

She Follows Me

Last night I met with the seminary wives and we discussed the chapter on discipling other women in the book One With a Shepherd.  We talked about different discipleship/mentoring opportunities that pastor's wives are currently doing, what they would like to do, and what others have done in the past and would like to do again.  As most of us are mothers, we kept coming back to our major area of discipleship--our own homes.   This poem was in the book and I really appreciated it so thought I would share.  The ladies there last night agree that this is good for mothers and grandmothers alike!

She Follows Me

A little girl who follows me
A careful mom I want to be,
A little woman follows me;
I do not dare to go astray
For fear she'll go the self-same way.
I cannot once escape her eyes.
What e'er she sees me do she tries
Like me, she says she's going to be--
That little girl who follows me.
I must remember as I go
Through summer suns and winter snows,
I am building for the years to be--
That little girl that follows me.
                 --Author Unknown


2 comments:

  1. I think that this might be one for my fridge. Such a good reminder with all my little girls! Thanks Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes. I remember when you were a young girl and you preferred to follow your mother rather than spending time with friends. Your mother realized this was unusual and I thought it was wonderful.
    God Bless, Joanne

    ReplyDelete