Two weeks ago Anna had spring break at CVCS, so the homeschool kiddos also took a break (and mom too!). We didn't travel or do too much out of the ordinary; we just enjoyed being home without an agenda. Here are a few things we did do:
- All the kiddos still had their music lessons and practiced diligently all week. Fun, I know.
- Anna completed an assignment with her friend, Jackie (interviewing a Mormon for her Comparative Religions class) and then spent the day with her watching old movies.
- Went to the dollar theater and watched "The Last Jedi." I really like saying, "Five for The Last Jedi," and handing out a $5 bill instead of a $50.
- The homeschool kids had their first track meet on Tuesday night. Seth and Lydia each ran the 100m and the 400m. We ditched the 200m because it was running late, we were tired, and it was FREEZING.
- The homeschool kids still had track practice on Mon and Wed afternoon and Russ had optional track practice for the CVCS kids on MWF mornings. (Is it optional for Anna if your dad is the track coach?)
- I made kolaches as a treat for the kids while they were all gone for piano lessons Wed morning. These are always a spring break treat, and we ate them in honor of Nicolas' nineteenth birthday which was on Thursday. Good thing he has an awesome Grandma who made some in Iowa for him!
- We walked the Boise River as a family one morning.
- We hiked Table Rock with a friend and her kids on Good Friday afternoon and went out for ice cream afterwards. Delsa's Ice Cream has a delicious German Chocolate Cake ice cream!
- Russ and I went out to eat with a couple from church to a Basque restaurant.
- The family enjoyed fellowship with another family from church Saturday night at their home for supper.
- We were blessed with a worshipful Good Friday service. The choir sang RC Sproul's "Worthy is the Lamb" and sounded amazing!
- Celebrated Resurrection Day with two wonderful sermons and fellowship at our table with a family from church as well as a widow lady and another older single woman who was headed to McDonalds for her Easter meal.
While we enjoyed a mostly quiet spring break at home, the college boys both traveled for their spring break which was a couple weeks earlier than ours.
Nicolas drove to Arizona with friends to spend time at one of the friend's homes near Phoenix. From there they drove to San Diego and spent a couple nights at another friend's condo on the beach before heading back to Dordt.
|They were even put to work for some spending money in San Diego!|
|View off the back deck of the condo in San Diego|
Caleb drove with friends to Denver where one of the friends lived. From there they flew to Los Angeles where that same friend has a home on Venice Beach in Santa Monica.
It sounded as though both had relaxing, fun-filled weeks making lots of memories with friends.