Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Seth Story

A quick Seth story to affirm my gratefulness for intercession for my children. I have told this story to some of you so this will be a repeat.  One night last week Seth was overtired going to bed.  When this occurs he has absolutely no filters on what he says.  He is downright ornery and disrespectful.  He was laying in bed angry with me for calling him on his behavior when I invited him to say his prayers, specifically praying about what just occurred.

"No, thank-you," he replied curtly. 

"I think it would be a good idea, buddy." 

He glared at me for a few seconds before replying in a clipped tone, "Fine."  And this is how his prayer started.  "Lord God in heaven.  My mom is being a knucklehead right now..." 

Not exactly what I had in mind for praying about the situation.  Tedd Tripp never described it like that in Shepherding a Child's Heart either.

No comments:

Post a Comment