Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just Like My Daddy


I am not a morning person, never have been and I wonder if I ever will be?  Thankfully, I have a husband who loves the early morning hours because a few of my children do too.  One of Seth's favorite things to do when he gets up in the morning is to go to Dad's office and do "schoolwork" with him.  They have it all fixed up to work together in the morning.  Seth sits on a high step stool/chair and pulls out the desk extension.  Then he has lots of pens/pencils/markers and paper and just writes and draws while Russ is doing his work (usually translating Hebrew).  Most recently Seth has also made his own "office" behind the couch with Russ' Hebrew Bible as one of his necessary items. (Occasionally, he will call it his Spanish Bible).   Russ taught him the first verse and how to read it from back to front.   I heard him ask Russ tonight, "Dad, can you teach me more Hebrew?"  The other night Seth was in his "office" busy writing with the Hebrew Bible open.  He showed me a few chicken scratches, but evidently I wasn't impressed enough so he went to show Russ.  Russ looked at it casually, and then did a double take.  "This is Hebrew--did you write this, buddy?"  Seth was beaming from ear to ear.  Do you think four is too young to teach someone Hebrew--even someone who doesn't know the English alphabet or how to write his own name?  This little boy loves his mommy, but at the end of the day he wants to be just like his daddy.

1 comment:

  1. That is precious. I love the story, especially as I picture it in my mind.

    ReplyDelete