Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Fall Visits to Iowa

 Russ traveled to Iowa in mid-October for the Board of Trustees meeting at Dordt University. Being able to see Nicolas and Anna, my family, and even a quick trip to see his parents was just a bonus!

Caught a high school volleyball game to watch Willow

Chapel service with Anna

Cross country meet--Rachel, Andrew, and Emily all ran





Anna singing in the Bella Voce concert

No time with dad is complete without a game night!


I made the same trip a few weeks later, with no special meetings or agenda.  I just missed my kids and my parents.  I caught a college basketball and volleyball game to watch Caden and Miah play, listened to the First Monday speaker, Andrew Peterson, with Anna and went to his concert with Anna and Nicolas, picked some of the last of the apples, listened to Anna play the organ, and just enjoyed being with family.



Anna received her care package from the Cloverdale youth group while I was there!


Nicolas shaved! How could he be the Phantom with facial hair?


Beautiful fall views from my parent's front windows.




While I was gone Russ and the kids hosted a Reformation Day teaching night on William Tyndale. I was impressed with his ability to come with decent crafts and activities. 😉






No comments:

Post a Comment