Monday, June 24, 2019

NAIA National Track Meet


Russ and I had the opportunity to fly to Gulf Shores, Alabama to watch Caleb run in the NAIA National Track Meet.  He ran the 4x800 prelims and helped get the relay into the finals.  The coaches put two fresh legs in for the finals the following day which certainly helped put the relay in the position to win!  National Champions in the 4x800! 



Caleb also ran in the 4x400 prelims, but they did not run well enough to qualify for finals in that event. 






Russ and I had a great time reminiscing about our times at the NAIA National track meet over 25 years ago.  We truly do love track and field and watching our son compete at that level was so much fun.  We'd really like to go back and do it again--no pressure Nicolas!

At the recommendation of Aunt Joanne, we stayed at The Original Romar House, a quaint B&B right on the coast.  We were about a mile down the coast from the condos the team stayed in.  Russ and I walked down the beach, texted Caleb, and then waved to him as he stepped out on his condo patio!










The day we flew out we took Caleb out for a fresh seafood lunch at Cosmos before dropping him off to meet the team.  I had never had cobia before, but I would highly recommend!

My one regret to going to Gulf Shore to watch CJ run was that I missed Lydia's viola recital.  She played a beautiful viola duet with her teacher.  I was able to hear it a couple times at lessons, and Anna also sent me a lovely video of the recital.


No comments:

Post a Comment