Friday, June 28, 2019

Heartache

It is hard to believe that a photo that caused me so much joy to post a week ago can cause such a painful ache today.


 
David Temte (back middle) died in a car accident with his twin brother, Ben, just this past Monday, June 24.  He was a dear friend of Caleb (and also a friend of Nicolas).  This is what Caleb posted on Instagram this week: 

"You're one of my best friends, through thick and thin"

Those were some of the last words David said to me the night before he passed.  No words can describe the pain or the ache, and there are certainly not enough words to capture all the memories, moments, and joys of our time together.  David was more than a teammate.  He was my confident, selfless, and joyfully exuberant friend.  He was always quick with a hug and words of encouragement when I needed them most.  I rejoiced with him on the track, and I rejoice with him now knowing that he is forever happy with his Heavenly Father.  While his earthly race may seem cut short, we know that he ran the race set before him with joy and perseverance.  Our grief is temporary, but his joy is eternal.  David, my dearest friend, I will miss you more than words can express.  Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment