Tuesday, April 23, 2013

History Fair

Last Friday night six homeschool families gathered at the FRC for an informal history fair.   Along with the girls' Medieval Castle and Seth's Oregon Trail exhibit we also saw exhibits on Ancient Rome, the Middle Ages, Roanoke Colony, Pioneer Food, Mesopotamia, Iwo Jima, Hannibal's Battle of Cannae, and Voortrekkers (South African pioneers).    All the kids first introduced themselves and their exhibit and then parents and grandparents could go around and look more closely at the kids' work and ask questions, etc.  I had a few moments when I briefly thought, "I wish my kids were a little more outgoing and comfortable speaking in front of others," but then quickly realized that this will come with more practice and that regardless I love my kids just the way God made them! 







No comments:

Post a Comment