Friday, June 2, 2023

Iowa Visit and Prom


 In mid-April, I flew to Iowa to spend some time with my parents, Nicolas, Anna, and Lydia. I also hoped to watch the girls run in a track meet. They did run the Friday night of the Sioux City Relays, but the Saturday events were canceled due to weather. Greg and Jaron came to the track meet and it was so good to see them. The girls and I enjoyed a Pizza Ranch outing, breakfast at Casey's with Grandpa and Grandma, and a meal at Los Tulipanes. Just to get a taste of the girls' Dordt life,  I listened to one of Anna's early morning organ practices and went to Lydia's NISO (Northwest Iowa Symphony Orchestra) dress rehearsal Monday evening. I also met my sisters for coffee one morning and watched my nieces run at a high school track meet. If Nicolas seems noticeably absent from any activity, it was because he was sick the entire weekend. Fortunately, his mom was out and could "mother" him a little. 




Giving Wells his birthday books.

Sunday games at Grandpa and Grandma's house (with Lydia's roommate for next year).


I walked with my parents every morning in the dome. After two laps, Dad always had a taffy treat to share.





Meanwhile back at home...

Seth and Russ managed Jr/Sr Prom marvelously without me. They even managed to cook a meal for Seth and his friends!  






And this boy found himself on the wrong end of a catfight...again. Good thing I had access to a veterinarian and could bring home some antibiotics for this nasty sore.


I returned home at midnight Tuesday night, got up at 3:30 am, and took Russ to the airport to fly to Dordt for the Board of Trustees meeting. Russ had also hoped to watch the girls in a track meet while he was there, but due to cold windy weather, the girls did not run in their track meet this weekend either. Instead, they went with Russ to visit his parents in Glidden and treated them to Pizza Ranch. Although it was awesome to be in Iowa with the other kiddos for a while, it was good to be back home with Seth in our routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment